Green Road Run - 25th October

· 17 · 4428

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
Green Road Run - 25th October
« on: September 30, 2015, 10:25:54 PM »
For the next Green Road Run on Sun 25th October, we will be returning to Heathland Forest which is right in the middle of the Central Belt - we last visited here 2 years ago and had an enjoyable day out. Forestry Commission have confirmed we can go ahead but have not yet provided detailed maps of what we can access, expected any day. Directions to the meeting point - from the A706 which runs between Forth and Whitburn, take the A704 east towards West Calder and the entrance is approx 1 mile along, on right Hand side - wide forest entrance with double gates. OS grid ref. NS 960 587. Sign on is between 10 and 11 - gate will be locked after that so don't be late. This forest offer a huge variety of tracks from a wide open highway to some tight little tracks. There may be some sections which are a little muddy and some optional sections which are a little overgrown - all still to be confirmed though. As usual, we' ll be setting you off in small groups with a map to explore. As with all GRRs this is suitable for all land rovers on road tyres -Any slightly tricky sections will be clearly marked on maps for anyone wanting to avoid them. Bring a picnic. Cost for this one will be £12 to cover slightly increased Forestry charges -still a bargain for what should be another cracking day out -over 20 miles of varied driving....and you can go round more than once, or repeat individual sections.
Members only, though new members can join up on the day. Please note that for insurance purposes, this event is only open to Land Rovers.
I could do with a couple of volunteers to be there early and to tape off areas we're not to go into - anyone fancy an early run round? Would also appreciate some help with sign-on and drivers briefing - please drop me a PM if able to offer assistance.
Can you let me know if you're intending to come to this so I've got an idea of how many maps to print.
If you haven't been on a Green Road Run why not come along and give this one a try. - it's what your Land Rover was made for! As ever, hoping to see a good turnout on the day,
Alan

sparks

Re: Green Road Run - 25th October
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 11:36:49 AM »
Hi Alan,
I hope to come along to this one, (coming back from a weeks holiday in Llandudno on Saturday), if not tooo tired will be there.
Gordon

Dave C

• Name: Dave C
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »
Hi Alan,
Should make this one.
Dave

Andy 90

• Name: Andy Dunbar
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 10:24:15 PM »
Hi

I hope to get along for my first GRR

cheers
Andy

Dinkyninja

• Name: Paul Curry
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 09:00:11 AM »
Hey guys, new to the forum and to LR ownership and was wondering is it possible to bring my membership money and form on the day of the GRR or do I need to post a cheque with form?
In Stirling so can post or hand deliver to Glasgow

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 09:16:58 AM »
Hi Paul, fine to bring it along on the day - will get you entry to the event, and I'll then send it on to the Membership Secretary, Alan

Sam

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 10:25:21 AM »
Hi Alan,

Please count me in for my first GRR. One vehicle, two persons. I look forward to meeting you then.

Regards, Sam

Dinkyninja

• Name: Paul Curry
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 01:02:22 PM »
Hi Paul, fine to bring it along on the day - will get you entry to the event, and I'll then send it on to the Membership Secretary, Alan

Thanks Alan that's great  :)  looking forward to it

Dave C

• Name: Dave C
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 11:02:21 PM »
Alan, PM sent for setup.

Sjl1969

• Name: Stuart Lumsden
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 10:55:38 PM »
Hi Alan

We will hopefully get along to our first GRR on Sunday.

Cheers
Stuart

Simon27

• Name: Simon Boak
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 01:32:31 PM »
I'll be there - feels like ages since the last!

countfred

• Name: Cameron Low
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 11:27:58 PM »
Thank you Alan for arranging what sounds like a good day. Joan and I plan to be there.

Cameron Low
Red D4

Bannister

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 10:31:29 AM »
Hi Alan

Richard and I will be coming tomorrow (2 Landrovers), looking forward to this one, see you tomorrow

Barclay

AndyM

• Name: Andy Munro
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 07:07:35 PM »
just noticed this... will be there, so glad I didn't miss it

Rambler

• Name: Ron Murdoch
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 07:38:47 PM »
hi Alan, cu tomorrow, cheers, Ron