Round 3 SCCC 2013 Forrest Estate

· 3 · 1992

Sims

Round 3 SCCC 2013 Forrest Estate
« on: June 17, 2013, 12:39:50 AM »
Just having returned home from Round 3 of the SCCC at Forrest Estate, I got to say it was an Excellent Event. 13 laps over 2 days, 13 competitors on Saturday and then 1 entry to the Sunday runs. It was good some old faces back out to compete, but some competitors who have hung up their steering wheels were sorely missed.

First if all a big Thank you  Big Eck and Brian Hilditch for helping design the course and spend the whole week prepping the course and setting it out. You pair done a fantastic job and put so much thought and Effort into the course. Thank you so much. Well done.

I would like to Thank every single Marshall who came along over the weekend to support the event and help run the event, without your dedication and support these events wouldn't happen.  I thank you all and congratulate you on a job well done.

To the competitors I truly hope you all enjoyed the weekend, thank you for supporting the SCCC and I hope you continue to do so. Seeing the smiles on your faces when you are competing makes all the hard work worthwhile.

Unfortunately our usual catering van was unable to attend this weekend, so Brian Hilditch managed to persuade a local woman to Forrest Estate to come in and do the catering. Thank you Agnes. You food and home baking was loved and well appreciated. Thank you for stepping in at the last minute.

Well done to Jonathan Barker on winning the event.

See you all in August.

Sharon

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
Re: Round 3 SCCC 2013 Forrest Estate
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 09:57:39 AM »
The last run was great: the top two were just 47 seconds apart as they went up for their final lap.

47 seconds in a 15 minute lap is not a lot - its a puncture, or a but too long hugging a ditch, or a loose moment on gravel...... or pushing too hard and staying in the affore-mentioned ditch, for someone else to pull you out!

.... and thanks also to the Rescue (Castle), Recovery (Lake 3), and Doctor (Caulder) - their days were as boring as hoped they would be!

northern focker

Re: Round 3 SCCC 2013 Forrest Estate
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 09:29:59 PM »
Hi everyone what a weekend we had everything wind rain and sunshine the wind was mainly in the truck as I had chris
staying with me and I told him not to drink so much coke ,but what a weekend of racing ,a huge thanks to eck and brian
for setting it up ,they got it just right with fast flowing section and some slower tech sections .I think you get it right for comping
when its fast and flowing but could not be done in a rally car . Its just a shame there was not a few more entries but I know how
hard its getting I was very close to calling it a day but thanks to some good friends I was persuaded to keep playing hense the change in motor
I think its more important to be out there playing than what your playing in and after this weekend I am pleased I did.
finally a big thanks to brian again for lending me his genny sorry I didn t fill it up brian but I ran out off fuel at the end off sunday
but great times ;D