TD5 52 PLate Defender Central locking + Key fob questions.

· 17 · 7729

corbett891

TD5 52 PLate Defender Central locking + Key fob questions.
« on: September 23, 2011, 11:35:54 AM »
Hi all,

Ive just bought a new second hand defender as my last one was written of by my future brother in Law,

Unfortunatly the central locking doesnt work, The alarm works fine but evern if I manually put my key in either the drivers door (Opened by a small key) or the back door (Opened by the ignition key) there is no noise or attempt for the central locking to work, Has anybody got any ideas?

Could it be as simple as the fuse, is so where is the fuse located?

Also I only have one set of keys with the defender and one key fob, does anybody know the best way of getting a second key fob?

Many thanks,

John

wee gaz

• Disco,s here Disco,s there
  • Name: Garry Dalziel
Re: TD5 52 PLate Defender Central locking + Key fob questions.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:38:58 AM »
May sound daft but does it have central locking as the fob could be for alarm only.

coolcamper55

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 12:22:43 PM »
apart from the previous question which is not as daft as it sounds, if you can get a Rover 2xx fob and someone with a Nano (whatever its called)  you can quite quickly programme a new fob.
If you prefer to get a new one then they sell them on fleabay for a reasonable amount but you still need it programmed.

I had the same issue with my 110 ended up getting 4 programmed all fine and dandy.

T

corbett891

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 08:13:22 PM »
Cool, so get any rover type fob and it can be reprogrammed, how exactly do I get the fob reprogrammed?

As for the defender, it was def designed with central locking in mind as the front passanger door has no key slot, also I believe all defenders after a certain date were made with central locking as standard, which kind of brings me back to the cetral locking question, in relation to any ideas where to start fixing it?

Also ref the key fob are they designed to be unlocked by the key fob? or manually?

If key fob how would I get my original fob correct?

So many questions so little time  :)

wee gaz

• Disco,s here Disco,s there
  • Name: Garry Dalziel
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 08:23:19 PM »
start by looking inside the drivers door for a 5 wire acuator or door motor check that its opperating and take it from there you need to get the code read to reprograme from the defender.

corbett891

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 11:57:02 AM »
Hello again,

Ive taken the drivers door panel off and found the central locking actuator how do I confirm if it is working or not, Ive pushed the piston in and nothing happens, Ive also ran a voltmeter across the connector but I cant seem to find any voltage.

Any thoughts?

corbett891

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 12:07:14 PM »
Correction to my last, Ive got just over 2 Volts coming from the yellow wire into the connector, does this mean that the actuator is U/S?

None of the central locking works so would one actuator affect the whole vehicle?

Many thanks

John

diesel jock

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 06:53:42 PM »
Hi mate check the wiring in the rubber conduit between door post and door had broken wires there twice drivers door is master actuator if you work it manually others should work

corbett891

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 03:02:27 PM »
Hello again, Ive fitted a new drivers door actuator, still no joy on the central locking, from what I can see the wires seem intact.

When I operate the drivers door lock I can hear a clicking like a relay trying to operating behind the drivers dash area,

Anybody have any ideas what to do now?

Many thanks

John

diesel jock

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 06:51:51 PM »
i'll try get a look at wiring diagram tomorrow and let you know if I come up with anything

corbett891

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »
thank you I would appricate that  :)

diesel jock

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 09:09:53 AM »
hi mate looking at wiring diag, pink wire from alarm ecu runs to drivers door and splices to all other solenoids.1 yellow and pink wire ecu to drivers door.orange wire from ecu into drivers door solenoid and across coil to pink wire.orange wire splices to all doors and goes across coil to pink wire.drivers solenoid has 1 black wire going to earth  header.
i would check continuity of all wires back to ecu from drivers door.If all ok back to ecu check continuity of wiring between doors pink wire runs from drivers door then splices to passenger then rear doors on one wire then splices between two doors.last splice to tailgate.Same applies to orange wire it follows same path as pink wire.
hope this helps you in some way.
cheers
Stewart

corbett891

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 11:10:02 AM »
Cheers Stewart,

I will check that, there might be a slight delay as Ive been recalled back to ship in the middle east this weekend but I will let you know how it goes,

Many thnaks

John

diesel jock

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 11:17:56 AM »
No worries john keep me posted on how it goes
Cheers
Stewart

corbett891

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 04:46:24 PM »
Hi Stewart,

Thats me back after a rather boring 3 weeks in the middle East,

Now for the good news, the central locking is working, I unplugged the central locking ecu plug and checked the connectivity, all seemed good, so I plugged it all in to move the landrover to open the passenger door, which brought in the good news in that the central locking now works :-)

Now for the bad news :-(

The imobilizer warning light is flashing on the dash and the landrover wont start.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Ive got the EKA code for one of my new key fobs would that help, if so how do you use it, As just pressing the alarm/ unalarm buttons dont seem to do anything,

Many thanks,

John