SCCC Round 4 - Callander

· 7 · 2421

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
SCCC Round 4 - Callander
« on: August 18, 2013, 07:08:38 PM »
Great weekend

Course was great - everybody seemed to be loving it... and the organisation was spot on: loos; catering; service area... even the results caming out as the last car finished!

Big kudos to all involved in getting a brand new site, and sorting what needed sorting to make it work (fencers; diggers; hard graft; and lots of good old fashioned "talking to people." There was even a post-event tidy session!

Fastest car, by a long shot, was the current British Cross Country champion (Dan Lofthouse, helping David "bed in" his new car)

Frank W

• Name: Frank Wolfe
Re: SCCC Round 4 - Callander
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:19:06 AM »
Managed along for Saturday and took a bundle of pictures of the troubles at the Pits as well as some of the action out on the route.
Now all in the Gallery.
Great site, good location, and plenty of scope.

Frank W
V8 3.5 90
V8 3.9 88

AKM

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
Fantastic new site... we need more like this.  Good ground conditions... non damaging (for most of us!) good mix of tracks and terrain.  Would be more than happy to race here again.

Team Smurf.
AKM

Puff

• Name: Pauline Stevenson
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 08:28:25 PM »
What fantastic new site we have at Callander. A fine weekend of racing on a good fast and flowing course, a nice level and clean service park, and good company of like minded racing people. I loved it and many thanks to the landowner, I hope we can come back.

Puff(Team Smurf)

zander.s

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 08:49:11 PM »
What a fantastic weekend and what a fantastic new site! big thanks to all the organizers and a extremely big thanks to the land owner!! hope we can come back! Zander

Alan A

• Name: Alan Agnew
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 11:16:10 PM »
It sounds like our first visit to this new site was a resounding success! A great course, lots of happy competitors and everything went to plan all weekend! Largely due to the hard work put in by Sharon Scott it has to be said.
The landowner, Mr Ballie-Hamilton, was delighted to accomodate us for the event and sends his thanks for entertaining his family and friends over the weekend!

Just one more thing we need to do and that is a bit of groundworks to repair the rutted areas on the forest tracks. The only thing he asked in return for giving us the use of his site was that we return it in the same condition we found it, so a work party is being organised for Sunday 25th August to fill in a few holes and do a bit of grading, so volunteers please form an orderly queue and let Sharon know if you are available by giving her a call on 07515 789100.

And if you happen to be able to lay your hands on any trailers for shifting a bit of gravel about or a mini digger you will be doing us a massive favour and may even get some home baked chocolate tiffin cake for your trouble!

Sims

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 07:48:55 PM »
Well what can I say, what a fantastic weekend. To see everyone with smiles on their faces and enjoying themselves makes all the work put in worthwhile. There is a few Thanks that I need to say.

First of all to Mr Baillie-Hamilton the landowner for allowing us to use his ground and for loaning us his Marquees for the event. He designed the course and he spent most of Saturday watching you all and taking pictures of you all enjoying yourselves. He never got in a car though, but his sons and his wife did. so thank you to Robert Agnew for making sure they got a run round.

To the Crags Hotel in Callander who provided the catering for the weekend, they enjoyed themselves and thought we were all mad apart from the owner Alex who done a little bit of Offroad driving a few weekends before the event when he wrote off his pick up.

To Ann McCandlish for organising the Portaloos,  the usual company say's Callander is to rural and north for them to deliver, last I looked on way home Callander is in the Central Belt.

To Robert Scott, Johnny Campbell, Graham Millar, David Steven, Dave Franklin, Johnnie Drysdale, Big Eck, Alan Tunstall (Digger Owner) and Ian Stuart for all your help with the weekends of ground works running up to the event to make the event possible, we couldn't have done it without you all.

To Alan Dunn, Cougar Recovery and SMMC Ltd for giving us the cover required to make this event run as a comp Safari +.

To all the Marshalls who came out at the weekend and supported the event and let the event run, I thank you all as if we did not have your support we couldn't have such a successful event.

And last but not least the Competitiors, To see you all smiling and having fun makes all the hard work and organising well worthwhile. We had 15 entries for the weekend and 3 for the sunday entry. Hardly any stoppages and hardly any recoveries and we finished early on both days. and only 3 retirements over the full weekend. Again thank you all.

Well done to Gareth Carruthers from Northern Ireland 4WD who won the event in a diesel Bowler, David Steven and Dan Lofthouse  in 2nd Place with David's New Lofthouse Freelander and Jonathan Barker taking 3rd Place after a few car troubles. Well done to you all.

As mentioned in previous post we have to fix the roads at the site on Sunday (25th August), I would truly appreciate all your help and support if you were able to assist and support me as it may mean we may get back next year. If you can help email me at coilantogle@gmail.com or contact me on 07515789100.

Thanks for a Great Weekend

Sharon Scott